Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Panko Crusted Mashed Potato Pancakes

 


I made these little gems from our Thanksgiving mashed potato leftovers and they were delicious.  We had them with breakfast, but you can eat them with any meal. 

The are crispy on the outside....
 


And creamy on the inside...





100% yummy and a snap to make!

The trick to these little guys is Panko bread crumbs.  If you haven't tried them, YOU MUST.  They are amazing!  Super crunchy and flakey.  I stopped using the regular bread crumbs.
 

Take your left over mash and make it into patties. I had left over baked mashed potato casserole with all sorts of yumminess inside and cheese on top.   The mashed potatos need to be cold.


 Pour the Panko into a bowl and dredge the patties on one side, flip and repeat. 
I didn't use an egg wash as the panko stuck easily to the patties.


All coated and ready for the pan.


I just dropped a pat of butter in a pan.  I could have used spray or oil, but let's face it, butter makes it better.
 (yes, I said that in a Paula Deen voice)


A few minutes on the first side, until it's nice and golden brown, flip and repeat.


Mmmmmmmm!


Plate and add a bit of cheese on top!  Perfecto!


Jaime loved them and ate 3.  :) 

Think of the possibilities to serve with butter (tee hee), bacon, sour cream, gravy....

Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. 




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing idea1 I have never tried these. but now I know I need to!
    Thanks for linking up and sharing:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. these so delicious what a good idea. I'd love you to add it to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-party-what-we-wore-and-made_29.html .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!