Sunday, December 11, 2011

First Annual Cookie Swap & Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

I've wanted to host one of these parties for a long time.

I love to bake!
I love making cookies, especially.

I try to make themed sugar cookies every year for Michael's Birthday.  I also make a ton during the holidays and have my set few "go to" winners. 

Knowing I need to expand my repertoire, I invited friends and family over to share their special treats. 
All I asked that they wear a "festive" Christmas sweater or shirt.

We served appetizers and light food and drinks.  Then it was on to the cookie!
Everyone made 4 dozen cookies to taste and share. 

Here are the pre-party pics of the cookies I made.
The table centerpiece surrounded by snowman sugar cookies.


Aren't they sweet?


More sugar cookie, these with glitter gel and edible pearls. Yum!


M and M, Rollo and Pretzel bites.



Lastly, I made Oatmeal Scotchies.


Here is the table decked out with all of the cookies.


Starting at the middle left we have my friend Jeannine's amazing pizzelle's with a touch of Jack.
Next up is Sarah and her scrumptious Red Velvet Truffles covered in White Chocolate. 
She also made very tasty peppermint cookies, which I really liked.
Monica made delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies.



On the other side of the table;
Annette made a beautiful mix of tastiness; chocolate gingerbread men, jam cut outs, and white chocolate cherry cookies.


Carmen made jam thumbprint cookie that were adorable and yummy!
Even 5 year old Gabrielle made a batch of Christmas tree cookies for everyone.  She did great!





Evelyn made these colorful and wonderfully cute and delicious pinwheels.  I love the colors. 


And we finish at the other end of the table with Jeannine again and her  decadent tiramisu balls (they were in the fridge) and her coconut blackberry and apricot thumbprints.


As you can imagine, the kids were sufficiently sugared up on cookie.  I figured M&Ms (minus the red and green I used) 
 would be just the icing on the cake for them.
:::::insert evil laugh::::
My cousin advised she would be calling me at 3 am, when her 5 year old is wide still awake, to thank me.


And here we all are, decked out in our finery. 
Neil won the best shirt award for his sweater and tie tee shirt!

Also you can just see my banner on the wall, you can find the tutorial here


It was a great party and we will definitely be doing it again! 
In the words of Michael, "YAY!!!  COOOOOKIES!!!!!!!"

Photobucket





Made in a Day

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you and your friends and family made cookies I never even heard of. I was really liking the snowman cookies, so a.dor.a.ble. Pretzel cookies what the heck. It's look like your party turned out really great. Everyone looks like they had a great time. Could I, would I, wish you would share this at Sunday's Best going on now. Now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Love it! I'm inspired! xo, laura@imnotatrophywife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great!!! I would love for you to share this on the CSI Project next week. The theme is Cookie exchange ideas. Come by everyday to see a tutorial. Then link up starting Wednesday at midnight!!!!
    We have a great giveaway too!
    You can always come by. Doesn't have to be just next week, haha. Come this week to link up handmade ornaments.

    Thanks
    Dee, the CSI girl
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking cookie party! I had my first cookie swap party last year and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any party with cookies has got to be a good party:) I love the Christmas sweater idea too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like tons of fun! I love the snowmen cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melysa, what a great cookie exchange party you had. Some of those cookies I had never heard of so you must have got to try a lot of new ones. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea!! I love this!! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing at my Feature Friday Linky Party!

    Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I found you...I'm a new follower so I don't miss any great ideas. Stop by and visit and follow too if you like. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melysa, I wanted to let you know I featured your snowman cookies on Made U Look Thursday at Made in a Day! Come by and grab your button (I have new ones)!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!