Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gearing up for Kindergarten

I've been somewhat emotional this week.
Like, almost sobbing into my salad at dinner, emotional.
How can my sweet little boy be starting school??
Yes, he's been in daycare since he was 3 months old, 
BUT
now he will be "in-transit" and taking the school bus and going to a big kid school.
How?
I'll set that aside for Thursday.
K-Day.

Today was a nice ease mom and dad the kids into the transition
with Meet the Teacher Day.
We got to drop off our supplies, scope out the classroom, roam around the school and 
obviously meet the new teacher.



Michael did relatively well.
Better than me.
There was a small squabble with an admin over paperwork, but I won't go there.
Just don't provoke an emotional mom, lady.


He loved his classroom and seemed ok with the teacher.
He was a bit bummed that none of his friends were in his same class.
I was bummed for him, but reminded him
on how many new friends he will get to meet and play with.


We did run into old friends which brightened his day 
and resulted in a photo shoot.
He's been in daycare with both boys since he was around 1.

What a group of handsome little men.


Michael took these next two pictures all by himself.
Not bad.
I guess he is a big boy.



Now off to finish his First Day of School Sign, think of a good snack, get his school bag ready,  
and find a box of tissues for me.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!